Gardening is one of the best unwinding experiences that you will ever feel because this is basically good for your body, mind and satisfying. Of course, when you are gardening, you will end up very messy because you will be handling more dirt. Gardening is fun and this also provides great bonding moments with your loved ones at home. There are certain things that you get while you are gardening such as an amount of soil lining in your nails, twigs and leaves on your hair, green patches that you get from trees. Therefore, it is important that you have your own gardening outfit whereas wearing your usual clothes will only make it soiled.
Wearing your comfortable gardening clothes do give you a better experience because you know that you can soil it every now and then while gardening. However, the dirtier it gets, the heavier its stains and it might not be that easy to remove it. Here are the following tips that can be of great help to induced gardening stains.
- Pollen- if you happened to have flowers at home, it is quite unavoidable at some point that pollen in the flowers will transfer to your garment. This can be a slight problem especially if such flowers you have are lilies as these leaves a super vibrant yellow stains.
What to do?- if you do ever get pollen on your gardening outfit, do not ever rub the pollen if it lodge to the garment nor splash it with water instead, shake the fabric of the garment to make sure that everything are removed. If there are any small amounts of pollen remained, it is best that you use sticky tapes to entirely take off any pollen left.
- Grass- getting grass stains are the frequent ones that you will experience while gardening. This is because you are mostly sitting on the ground.
What to do? – soak the clothing in the water and make sure that it is cool because if you are using hot water, this will only pursue the stain even more. As soon as it is soaked, make sure that you also rub it with some detergent and laundering will also help the grass stains removed. Hairsprays are very essential in spraying grass stains as this has alcohol content thus it makes washing easier.
- Mud- first thing that you’ll need to know about mud is that you do not have to treat it right away. The main reason is that, it can harshly spread all throughout the garment which will make it worse and mud stain is hard to remove whereas if the mud is dried, this is so much easier to remove.
What to do? As soon as the mud stain is dried, simply scrape off the mud as you can and you can use a blunt knife or an old unused toothbrush. This will help take off the mud stain. When it’s done, it is time to treat the garment with a regular detergent and the stain will eventually disappear.
- Paint- paint stains are also hard to remove especially if you have no idea as to how you can remove it. Just like taking off the mud stains, scrapping it first with a use of a dull knife and or a spoon.
What to do? – Gently blot the stain with a piece of old cloth to immediately soak the stain to the cloth.
- Grease/ oil- it is important that you dab the cloth to each sides so as to remove the excess oil, you can use an old cloth or paper towel to do this task. Keep in mind that you do not have to machine wash your clothing with grease as this can also grease the insides of the machine.
These are usually the treatments that you’ll need to remember if you have such dilemma of cleaning your gardening outfit. But if the stain doesn’t go away, you can think of other ways to cover up the stain, like using heat press machine. Choose a sticker that will suit in covering the stain in that way you can still use your shirt because you are able to improve its shirt appearance.